Workout programs for novice trainees & women lifting weights
It came to my mind to say a word or two about workout programs for novice trainees since good majority of people that are enrolling to the gym, at this time of year, are just that.
If you don't find yourself in this sentence, you can skip this article.
Weight training is great way to burn fat, improve your strength, reduce the risk of cancer and raise basal metabolic rate, not just build muscle.
First of all, no matter if you're a man or a women, both sexes can reap a lot of benefits, by doing weight training. However, women are sticking mostly to cardio machines, usually because of two reasons.
Women are either scared to lift heavy weights because they think it will make them look bulky or they feel uncomfortable doing squats and deadlifts, around men.
When it comes to the first reason, you don't need to worry. Women produce lot less testosterone then men because of which it is very difficult for females to get unnaturally bulky, unless they take drugs.
When it comes to second reason, try coming to the gym when its less crowded, find a gym that allows women only or just get over it.
That being said, starting strength 5x5 (full body 3 times a week) is good workout program for both sexes, if you're a beginner.
Only thing I would change, is add one exercise into a girls program, that is hip thrust. Hip thrust is the best exercise for building big, strong, glutes. If done along with squats and deadlifts, you will build amazing thighs and round, sexy ass you want.
If you heard about Jen Selter by now, then you know it takes time to build up glutes maximus. However, by doing hip thrusts 2-3 times a week, along with other exercises, you will notice great results within first 6 months of training.
On the other hand, guys can add two-three isolation exercises for their arms and abs. Just don't go overboard and add 10 more exercises to your workout program. Stick to basics.
Training should never be minimal or maximal but always optimal and you have to enjoy it.
Although weight training is still a form of cardio training, it is not the most effective. Because of this, you can work 10-15 minutes on a treadmill at the end of your workout or you can do some type of cardio on your off days.
I personally like to do cardio on days, when I am not lifting.
If you still think women can't lift heavy, get strong and have attractive physique, then check how Chelsea does it.
If that isn't motivating enough for you, then check this life saving body transformation. It will show you that age is not a limiting factor.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.