Dental health heart disease connection: Act now
Dental health heart disease connection is in the same basket as hormones and immune system. However, it is not neglected as much as these two are.
Nevertheless, oral hygiene or better said lack of it, is associated with heart
related problems as well as with other potentially life threatening
diseases. It is also directly affected by endocrine and immune system function.
I would also advise you to think about making your own homemade toothpaste. It doesn't contain harmful substances which can be found in commercial brands. Also, it kills bacterias more efficiently.
HOW IT ALL STARTS
There are numerous bacterias in our oral cavity which have an effect on dental health heart disease phenomenon. Most of them are good, while only few of them can be harmful.
Usually the good ones keep the bad guys at bay, if our dental hygiene is in check. However, if the situation is the other way around, then the risk of gum disease and heart disease is increased.
When bad guys outnumber the good guys, they start attacking the gum tissue, while destroying enamel of the teeth. Overtime, mild case of gum disease can develop into gingivitis. In extreme cases, it can lead to periodontitis as well as heart related problems.
HOW DO ORAL BACTERIAS AFFECT THE HEART
Some of these bacterias can enter the bloodstream which can have direct effect on the cardiac muscle and blood vessels.
Actually, several species of periodontitis causing bacterias have been found in
the atherosclerotic plaque attached to the artery walls and in the heart. While plaque can cause heart attack, invading bacterias can lead to endocarditis.
If bacterias reach the heart chambers, they can damage the valves and cardiac muscle which can result in heart failure, in some cases. However, that is not the only bond between poor oral hygiene and heart disease.
DENTAL HEALTH HEART DISEASE & INFLAMMATION
Bacterias originating from the gum tissue may also release toxins which can resemble proteins found in the bloodstream.
As a cascade reaction, inflammation from the mouth can spread throughout
the body, including the arteries and the cardiac muscle, while causing heart attack or stroke in the process.
It is another reason which should encourage you to pay more attention on oral hygiene and heart disease connection.
GUM DISEASE AND HORMONES
Hormonal imbalance can cause or aggravate gum disease and heart disease which makes it especially dangerous. The most obvious examples are pregnancy and chronic stress.
During pregnancy, while placenta is producing mega doses of progesterone, gum tissue can become very sensitive. Some women can even experience sore or bleeding gums.
On the other hand, in case of chronic stress, cortisol, CRH and ACTH can be elevated. Elevated stress hormones suppress immune system which leaves more space for harmful oral bacterias to develop.
SALT FOR GUM DISEASE
Although there are several tips that can help improve oral hygiene, reduce the risk of gum disease and heart disease, salt is one of the most effective and affordable natural remedies.
It can kill harmful bacterias which may linger in the oral cavity, waiting for their opportunity to attack. Also, you don't need to buy mouthwash, instead make your own.
Use small bottle, fill it with hot water and add few tablespoons of ionized salt. To make it even stronger, add several drops of oregano, peppermint and eucalyptus oil. You can buy them on internet for few bucks, each.
By limiting sugary foods and drinks, brushing your teeth regularly, flossing and using mouthwash, the risk of dental health heart disease connection will be greatly reduced.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.