How and when to take supplements to get optimal results
By knowing how and when to take supplements and herbs, you can get "the most bang for your buck". Using them wisely will ensure you get best results, while you save some money along the way.
BEST WAY TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS
Taking them on empty stomach is usually the best time to take supplements. It is the reason why many nutritionists and doctors recommend taking a specific drug or supplement as soon as you wake up.
Since your digestive system is usually empty, following a fasted period such as after good night of sleep, the first thing you eat or drink in this time period, will be assimilated by body to the fullest.
HOW PIPERINE AND DHB CAN HELP
Piperine or bioperine is extracted from black pepper, while DHB or dihydroxybergamottin is found in grapefruit. These two compounds are able to increase bioavailability of drugs, herbs and supplements.
Bioperine works by stimulating secretion of gastric acid in the stomach. Gastric acid helps brake-down nutrients and aids in digestion.
DHB acts by inhibiting certain enzymes which are responsible for metabolising many chemical compounds. As DHB inhibits these enzymes, concentrations of certain drugs, hormones, herbs and supplements in the blood can get elevated.
WHEN TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS - BEFORE GOING TO BED
Herbs and supplements such as DIM, D-Aspartic acid, I3C, tribulus, resveratrol, adaptogens, forskolin and other ones that act on the endocrine system are the most effective when taken either before going to bed or right after you wake up.
During REM sleep the body produces most of its daily dose of hormones. By stimulating the endocrine system, before going to sleep with some of these supplements, you will be able to improve your own natural hormonal production.
On the other hand, besides testosterone and HGH, cortisol and estrogen are also elevated in the morning because of which taking adaptogens and anti-estrogen supplements can help lower these two a little bit faster, when taken right after you wake up.
NOTE: It is not that taking these type of supplements and herbs won't be effective, if taken during the day. However, I noticed that I get slightly better results, if I take them before going to bed or right after I wake up.
Also, relaxing herbs such as valerian, passionflower, hops or kava-kava is usually best to take before going to bed, if you use them.
WHEN TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS - BEFORE WORKING OUT
This one is no brainer. Preworkout supplements such as caffeine, citrulline, yohimbine and beta alanine are the most effective when taken 15 to 45 minutes before working out.
However, if you have some kind of heart problem or some other medical condition, I would advise you to stay away from these type of supplements, especially from stimulants such as caffeine.
Although I used to drink a little bit of coffee, I personally didn't want to try any preworkout supplements, before I got rid of my heart disease. I suggest you do the same.
WHEN TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS WITH FOOD
If you are having digestive problems such as nausea, diarrhea or heartburn due to gastric reflux, while taking certain supplement on empty stomach, then taking it with food should help you avoid these kind of problems.
This only applies, if digestive problems are caused by oversensitive digestive system due to that particular herb or supplement. In situations such as this one, improving your intestinal flora may help.
However, if the compound you are taking is causing these kind of problems because you are allergic to it, then don't take it all.
WHEN TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS - CYCLING SUPPLEMENTS
By cycling certain supplements you will get the most from them and save a lot of money in the process. They will also last you much longer.
I have noticed that few supplements such as test boosters, anti-estrogens, immune system boosters and even vitamin D3 and fish oil are more beneficial when taken every few days, instead of every single day.
There is an upper limit within we can boost our own natural hormonal production as well as stimulate immune system without risking autoimmune reaction. On the other hand, megadosing supplements such as fish oil and vitamin D, every single day, can cause more harm then good, over time.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.