Thyroid herbs: Raise your basal metabolic rate and burn more fat
Thyroid herbs and supplements affect one of these four hormones: TRH, TSH, T3 and T4. By increasing some or all of them, metabolism speeds up thereby burning more calories.
TRH or thyrotropin-releasing hormone production is regulated by the hypothalamus. TRH stimulates the pituitary gland to produce TSH or thyroid stimulating hormone.
TSH stimulates the thyroid gland to produce T4 or thyroxine which is converted to the most potent thyroid hormone known as T3 or triiodothyronine.
Basically, it goes like this: TRH > TSH > T4 > T3 = fat loss. However, supplements and herbs for thyroid can help us improve this chain of command.
HERBS AND SUPPLEMENTS FOR THYROID GLAND
Ashwagandha is one of thyroid herbs which can normalize ACTH, TRH and TSH levels in the brain, by acting on the hypothalamus. Although it is mostly used to raise natural production of TSH, due to its adaptogenic properties it can be used for both conditions, especially in combination with other adaptogens such as Eleuthero, Schisandra and Maca.
Forskolin increases thyroid's production of hormones, while stimulating the release of T3. It raises cAMP which is an enzyme involved in production of many hormones, including triiodothyronine. T3 is responsible for the biggest changes in metabolic rate, while having significant effect on many bodily processes.
Seaweed such as Spirulina, Kelp and Bladderwrack are considered as one of the thyroid supplements. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, especially iodine. Iodine is vital for production of thyroid hormones, as are zinc and selenium. Actually, many cases of hypothyroidism were caused by iodine deficiency. Since the salt is iodised now, these kind of problems are less frequent.
Bacopa works great in combination with herbs such as Bauhinia purpurea since it raises T4, while Bauhinia purpurea increases conversion of T4 to T3. These two thyroid herbs could be found in previous version of OxyElite Pro which was the best rated fat burning supplement.
Guggul can be used to treat hypothyroidism. It may activate multiple receptors, improve the output of thyroid hormones and conversion of T4 into active T3. However, I have tried it and in my opinion, Bauhinia purpurea is much more effective in improving conversion of thyroxine into triiodothyronine.
L-Tyrosine is one of thyroid supplements. It is an amino acid which is utilized during production of hormones and dopamine. Thyroxine and triiodothyronine are derived from tyrosine. However, many protein rich foods are abundant sources of L-tyrosine.
is not that well known. However, it is highly effective in improving T4 to T3 conversion which spikes up
metabolism. It is one of the main thyroid herbs which is found in the new version of OxyElite Pro and its banned predecessor which contained 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, a type of stimulant.
WHAT IF YOUR THYROID IS OVERACTIVE
When it comes to hyperthyrodism, herbs such as Bugleweed, Motherwort and Lemon Balm or Melissa, may help. However, you need to take them for couple of months to notice the difference.
In most cases, it is much easier to stimulate underactive thyroid, then to calm down overactive gland.
On the other hand, high intake of goitrogens found in cruciferous vegetables, iodine and selenium deficiency as well as chronically elevated levels of hormones such as estrogen and cortisol may lead to hypothyroidism and cause goiter.
THYROID FUNCTION - BLOOD TEST
Before deciding to take thyroid herbs, if you want to check your thyroid function, you can take a test. Nurse will take a little bit of your blood and measure TSH, T4 and T3.
If TSH values are normal, T4 and T3 usually won't be measured which you can see from the test below, that I had. However, in certain situations normal TSH values can mask the underlying condition and irregular T4 and T3 values.
Note: For better view, click right mouse button on the picture and open it in a new window.
Only thyroid supplements I used before this test, were Ashwagandha and Seaweed. However, when I got rid of heart disease, I tried OxyElite Pro and damn it was a powerful stuff.
Although I already lost a lot of fat, while taking this product which contains few thyroid herbs I got so cut and shredded. That was the one and only time I took it which was more than enough for me.
Few months after taking it, I tried heart formula which contained high dose of Carnitine and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Later I found out that these two can interfere with thyroid gland function.
They also caused tingling sensations in my thyroid area because of which I stopped taking them. I suggest you do the same, if you find yourself in a similar situation.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.