Thymol: Increase the amount of healthy fats and purify the blood
Thymol is a natural compound found in several herbs but it is highly concentrated in Thyme. It has very powerful anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
Besides Thyme, it is also found in Oregano and some other less known herbs. It is even more effective when combined with other similar compounds such as carvacrol, rosmarinic acid and eugenol.
Some of them are found in thyme but adding oregano, rosemary and sage, can give even greater results due to their synergic effect.
HEART DISEASE AND THYMOL
Phenol is able to prevent plaque formation, improve lipid profiles, prevent oxidation of cholesterol and molecular damage. This makes it very useful for reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and heart attack.
As well as similar compounds such as carvacrol and eugenol, it can purify the blood, kill bacterias in the bloodstream and protect cardiovascular system from damage, caused by microbes. Same as eugenol, it is one of the main ingredients in the mouthwash since it kills bacteria, very effectively.
However, the compound has one rare quality. Scientist discovered that it can increase the amount of healthy fats found in the cell membranes and other cell structures. It increases the percentage of DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, in the brain, kidneys and heart.
So, consuming thyme is a great way to increase the amount of good fats in the blood, without taking fish oil supplements.
Thyme also supports healthy function of heart valves and strenghtens the heart muscle, thanks to its phytonutrients.
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM AND DIGESTION
Thymol posseses strong antiseptic characteristics which can be very useful in relieving intestinal problems and respiratory infections. It may reduce bloating, cramps, improve appetite and purify digestive tract.
It is effective against wide range of bacterias, microbes, mold and fungi such as candida, escherichia coli, staphylococcus aureus and intestinal worms.
When it comes to lungs, it is a great expectorant. It helps ease the cough, sore throat and helps break down the mucus thereby clearing the airways.
However, it also stimulates the immune system. It can be used to treat colds, bronchitis, asthma and other upper respiratory infections.
Thymol is natural nervous system stimulant which can improve concentration and increase circulation in the brain. It is used to improve energy levels, treat mild depression and anxiety.
However, it can be used to relieve nervous disorders such as nightmares, nervous exhaustion, insomnia, melancholy and even epilepsy.
Although it is similar to eugenol, it seems to be much safer for human consumption, without any significant side effects. However, taking pure thymol oil can be life threatening.
Thyme is also a natural diuretic which can be used to treat renal, genital and urinary tract infections. Some people use it to treat scars, skin spots, scabies and lice. Actually, the herb is natural pesticide and insectoid.
Although, it is highly concatrated in thyme, oregano also contains significant amounts of this powerful compound. So, taking either one of these two herbs will do the job.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.