Rosmarinic acid for better brain function and higher blood oxygen levels
Rosmarinic acid is potent flavonoid with powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Although it is mostly know for its ability to improve mood and memory, it has other benefits, too.
It may help fight Herpes Simplex virus as well as improve heart and lung function. Phytochemical is produced when a herb reacts on environmental stress such as in case of dry and windy weather.
Also, it is very well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and the skin, unlike some other similar flavonoids.
It is found mostly in spices and few herbs, such as:
- Rosemary - the best source of this flavonoid
- Lemon balm
ROSMARINIC ACID AND HEART DISEASE
Thanks to strong antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, it can help protect the lungs from infection and prevent inflammation of the airways such as in cases of bronchitis, allergies or asthma.
However, it can also help eradicate other unwanted microbes lurking in our lungs and clear the nasal passages.
By doing so, the lungs are able to work with their full potential which increases oxygen levels in the blood and makes it easier for the heart to pump the blood.
When it comes to its direct effect on the cardiovascular system, it can prevent formation of atherosclerotic plaque in the arteries and inhibit oxidation of LDL cholesterol, especially in combination with other powerful antioxidants.
It may also lower elevated heart rate and blood pressure since it has relaxing effect on the nervous system and positive effect on brain function.
MENTAL HEALTH AND BRAIN FUNCTION
Rosmarinic acid may reduce the risk of dementia, especially Alzheimer's disease. It seems to work by modulating neurotransmission of acetylcholinesterase, an enzyme which affects the synthesis of neurotransmitter acetylocholine.
Not enough acetylcholinesterase or too much it can cause problems.
While acetylcholinesterase inhibitors work by preventing the enzyme from breaking down acetylocholine, the flavonoid modulates its activity thereby establishing normal levels of acetylcholinesterase and acetylocholine, in the brain.
Polyphenol may clear the beta-amyloid plaque in the brain. High levels of beta-amyloid plaque are associated with dementia.
Besides these benefits, the herb may also reduce the risk of arthritis and cancer, protect DNA from damage and slow down the aging process, thanks to flavonoids such as rosmarinic acid.
However, pregnant women and individuals with iron deficiency shouldn't take high doses of rosemary since it may cause abortion as well as anemia.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.