Resveratrol benefits: Natural solution for blood clots and hormonal cancers
Thanks to resveratrol benefits, red wine is one of great natural remedies for heart disease. Resveratrol is potent antioxidant which can reduce the risk of cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes and improve life span.
You have probably heard for French paradox, which refers on their low heart disease rates, despite their high-fat diets.
Besides producing it, french people have tradition of drinking a glass of red wine, during lunch. It seems that resveratrol from red wine is responsible for this phenomenon.
Although red wine is considered as one of the best natural sources, there are other foods which can provide resveratrol benefits.
Besides red wine and red grapes, resveratrol is also found in:Japanese knotweedPeanutsCocoa powder and Dark ChocolateBerriesPomegranatesGrape juiceWhite wine and rose wineEucalyptus
In order to experience benefits of resveratrol, we have to drink a glass or two of red wine, every day. By doing so, we can avoid excess intake of alcohol and raise resveratrol content in our blood.
However, thanks to supplements we can eliminate alcohol from the equation and get sufficient amount of this great nutrient to expirience positive effects, quickly.
RESVERATROL BENEFITS - HEART DISEASE
High doses, acquired through supplements, seem to be safe for human consumption. Resveratrol is able to reduce and prevent oxidation of LDL cholesterol, while boosting good HDL cholesterol, thanks to its phytoestrogenic characteristics.
However, since it is a strong antioxidant, it can neutralize free radicals and protect the heart muscle, blood vessels and DNA from cellular damage.
One of the most significant benefits of resveratrol, regarding cardiovascular system, is it's ability to prevent blood clots, by normalizing aggregation of platelets.
Although, scientist can't pinpoint what is responsible for this kind of resveratrol benefits, I believe that polyphenol's aromatase inhibiting properties are the one to "blame."
High estrogen can impair normal blood clotting mechanisms and damage small blood vessels. You may even notice tiny red spots on the skin, known as petechiae. In more extreme situation, excessive formation of blood clots can lead to heart attack and cause damage to the main arteries.
Petechiae is usually a sign that platelets are low which is often caused by hormonal imbalance, more precisely high estrogen. Although there are a couple ways to solve the problem, the most effective way is to inhibit aromatase enzyme which lowers estrogen.
Resveratrol acts as weak aromatase inhibitor as well as potent estrogen blocker, also known as SERM. This makes it very effective in reducing the risk of blood clots and heart attack.
RESVERATROL BENEFITS - CANCER
High estrogen is the main cause behind many forms of cancers these days, associated wiht xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are environmental estrogens which can lead to hormonal imbalance.
However, adding phytoestrogens with aromatase inhibiting properties such as resveratrol helps establish homeostasis. This has a direct impact on prostate, uterine and breast cancer since they all require hormones to grow, especially estrogen.
Besides lowering the risk of hormonal cancers, balanced endocrine system helps keep immune system performing at it's optimum capacity. When "armed and ready", immune system is able to neutralize any threat, including cancer.
RESVERATROL BENEFITS - ALZHEIMER'S
Studies have shown that resveratrol can reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases, especially Alzheimer's. It seems to work by removing the plaque which causes stroke, while neutralizing free radicals.
However, since resveratrol can also increase total and free testosterone, by preventing aromatization of androgens, it may also reduce the risk of dementia associated with declining hormonal production.
Low testosterone levels are associated with increased risk of dementia later in life, especially Alzheimer's disease.
MY FATHER DRINKS RED WINE ALMOST DAILY
Although his diet is far from perfect, he doesn't work out and has high blood pressure as
well as enlarged heart, considering the circumstances and his age, he
is in relatively good health.
One ritual which he sticks by, since he's
20's is drinking a glass or two of red wine during lunch, almost every
He is able to stick to this routine, because here in coastal
Croatia, many families have a small vineyard and a custom of making
their own wine, as do ours. So, we are able to get red wine and benefits of
resveratrol, all year long.
Although the benefits are great reason to drink more red wine, drinking too much alcohol can actually weaken the heart muscle, raise triglycerides and interferes with digestion.
So, you can either drink a glass or two of red wine per day or you can take supplements to experience all the resveratrol benefits, sooner. It is also worth mentioning that resveratrol can activate longevity gene and prolong your life.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.