Recovery heart rate: Find out your real age and heart function status
Recovery heart rate or R.H.R helps determine overall condition of someones cardiovascular system and its heart function.
It is measured at rest, after the activity that has increased
heart rate, has ended. It also helps determine persons real age.
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR RECOVERY HEART RATE
First you will need to achieve targeted heart rate which can vary from a person to person, depending on your age. You can either jump, run or preform any kind of activity which will raise your heart rate.
Targeted heart rate zones:
- 120 - 160 for people 20 - 29 years of age
- 115 - 155 for people 30 - 39 years of age
- 110 - 148 for people 40 - 49 years of age
- 100 - 135 for people 50 - 59 years of age
- 95 - 130 for people 60 - 69 years of age
- 90 - 120 for people 70 - 79 years of age
- 85 - 110 for people 80 - 89 years of age
- 80 - 105 for people 90 - 99 years of age
After you achieve targeted heart rate, you should stop exercising and immediately measure your heart rate. Then, you should check your heart rate 2 minutes after the first measurement and write it down next to the first number.
The bigger the difference between these two numbers, the better is your R.H.R is as well as your cardiovascular system function.
Note: If you don't have heart rate monitor, you can measure your pulse with a feel and count technique. For more detailed informations check the heart rate navbar on the left.
AGE AND RECOVERY HEART RATE
If you ate good foods, stayed in shape and exercised regularly,
then R.H.R will be lower than it should be for someone your age. It
means that you are actually younger than your calendar age and vice
Heart rate recovery rates, classified by difference between these two numbers:
- If the difference is 68 or above, then you have superb heart function, while you are a lot younger than your calendar age.
- If the difference is between 58 and 67, then you have great heart function, while you are a considerably younger than your calendar age.
- If the difference is between 49 and 57, then your heart function is very good, while you are a slightly younger than your calendar age.
- If the difference is between 24 and 48, then your heart function is good, while you are about the same age as your calendar age.
- If the difference is 23 or below, then your heart function is weakened, while you are slightly older than your calendar age.
If you are measuring R.H.R to improve your work out performance, then investing in a wristwatch-style heart rate monitor with a clock can make entire process much easier.
RECOVERY HEART RATE AND SLOW PACED CARDIO
Slow paced cardio exercises are usually preformed to achieve targeted heart rate, when it comes to measuring your R.H.R, especially if you don't exercise regulary. It is easier for the heart to lower its heart rate after these kind of activites.
However, these kind of exercises can also be used to improve R.H.R and your fitness level but the progress is slower than with fast paced cardio exercises such as sprinting.
RECOVERY HEART RATE AND FAST PACED CARDIO
Fast paced cardio exercises are rarely used to achieve targeted heart rate, when it comes to measuring your R.H.R.
It is because the heart beat can go above targeted heart rate zone and it may take up to 30-60 minutes until it falls down close to its normal values, especially if you don't exercise regulary.
However, these also makes sprinting one of the best cardio exercises, period.
HOW TO IMPROVE RECOVERY HEART RATE
Obviously, exercise is the best way to improve R.H.R and your fitness level. However, mixing slow paced and fast paced cardio exercises can benefit you more than either of them alone.
Also, diet rich in phytonutrient rich foods such as fruits and vegetables is a must. Besides these two, pay attention on your hormones since they have great deal of influence on heart function which reflects on recovery heart rate.
Checking R.H.R every few months will help keep track of the progress you made. You can also use it during exercise to determine when you have recovered enough for the next round.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.