The good and the bad facts about polyunsaturated fats
Polyunsaturated fats are one of good type of fats. They are essential to humans because they contain some fats that we need and can't produce. This is where diet and adequate amount of fats come to fill the gap.
However, they can very easily oxidize which causes free radicals to form. This is why although they have plenty of benefits, polyunsaturated fatty acids can also have negative side effects on your health when consumed in higher quantities.
Food sources includes walnuts, olive oil, fish, whole grain bread, seaweeds, peanuts, soybean oil, canola oil as well as sunflower seeds and safflower oil.
Polyunsaturated fats have many upsides, including most beneficial effect on cholesterol levels than any other type of dietary fat. They also contain healthy omega 3 fatty acids which are lacking in today's diets.Decreases LDL and increases HDL cholesterolReduces the risk of cardiovascular diseasePrevents blood clots and build up of plaque on the artery wallsIt also seems that they improve brain function, skin tone and bone strength
When compared to other fats, however good they may be, they are also potentially most dangerous type of fats out there, besides trans fats. This is due to the fact that they easily oxidize which causes tissue damaging free-radicals to form.
Excessive amount of free radicals as well as unbalanced proportions of fatty acids in the body can lead to several diseases.
In order to collect the benefits and avoid possible side effects of these unique type of fats you have to control daily intake of rich food sources you eat. Polyunsaturated fats should count for approximately 30 % of your total daily fat intake.
HOW TO INCLUDE IT INTO DAILY DIET
Simply eating whole grain bread instead of white bread will satisfy most of your daily needs for it. You can also add olive oil to your meals, cook food with sunflower, soybean or canola oil. Besides this you can also eat fish for lunch or eat a handful of walnuts and peanuts in between meals.
There is no need to implement all of the above advices, just pick two of them and you will get enough polyunsaturated fatty acids in your diet.
So, too much of good things really can be a bad thing. To decrease the risk of possible side effects, besides eating balanced amount of fats you should also include high ORAC, antioxidant rich foods to your diet.
This is also one of the reasons why manufacturers of fish oil include strong antioxidants into their formulas thereby neutralizing free radicals.
However, you don't need supplements to get daily amount of healthy polyunsaturated fats, if you are eating healthy.
Adding fruits, vegetables and especially berries will improve the beneficial effect of these healthy fats.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.