New year's resolutions, staying focused and paying respect
I hope everyone had pleasant holidays. However, now is the time for new challenges.
At the beginning of each year, many people put in front of them new goals. Whether they want to find a new job, lose weight, quit smoking, buy a new car or improve on other areas.
Although there is nothing wrong with it, the problem is that most of these people are going to fail. This usually happens because we want results now. However, it doesn't work that way. Everything that is worth having, takes time.
How much time and effort you will need to put in, depends on which goals you want to achieve?
For instance, many people are looking to get in shape and lose some weight, thanks to which gym business booms for the first two - three months. Usually, after 3-4 months it comes back to "normal." Most of these people just quit because they lose drive and focus.
I built my own gym at home which makes a lot of things much easier. You can do the same or you can do bodyweight exercises. There is no need for all that fancy equipment.
The point is, you need to want it bad enough. Good things rarely happen overnight. It takes time.
I personally don't like new year resolutions. Rather set goals for yourself and work on them until you achieve them. Time of the year is irrelevant.
My battle with heart disease is good example. I didn't put deadline for myself. I just wanted to be healthy and was willing to work for it.
It took me several years but I achieved my goal and I learned a lot in the process. Now, I am looking to accomplish new goals that I set for myself.
What I want to say is, stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize.
If you hit a wall, don't give up. Everyone fails. Learn from it and take one step back so you could take two steps forward. When you achieve one goal, you will be ready to overcome new obstacles.
I would also like to mention few stars which have past away, especially Nelson Mandela, James Avery, Paul Walker and James Gandolfini, among others.
Some of them have made great contribution to humanity, while others were part of my childhood, especially Prince of Bel Air and F&F. Also, they seemed as good, stand-up guys.
I guess, this is my way of paying respect. May they rest in peace.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.