Natural blood pressure remedies: The first option
Natural blood pressure remedies in this case don't include herbs or supplements but tips, lifestyle and diet modifications. Actually, they should be your first option, when it comes to treating high blood pressure.
If you find them to be insufficient, then you can consider about taking some of the herbs or supplements for treating high blood pressure.
LIST OF NATURAL BLOOD PRESSURE REMEDIES
Drinking alcohol in moderation may actually help lower blood pressure, on the long run. However, alcohol by itself ain't one of high blood pressure remedies but portion control is. A glass or two of resveratrol rich wine, per day, may help lower blood pressure. Too much alcohol damages the liver, blood vessels, kidneys and the brain which all have some role in controlling blood pressure.
Limiting caffeine intake is another simple remedy. Drinking too much coffee stimulates central nervous system and increases adrenaline production, by stimulating adrenal glands through hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. Adrenaline is a hormone produced by adrenal glands which increases focus and energy, among other, but it also increases blood pressure as well as heart rate.
Diet should be rich in fruits and vegetables, that will give
your body all the flavonoids, vitamins and minerals, especially
potassium and magnesium. Limiting salt and sodium, alone, can help some people lower their blood pressure, significantly.
Exercise increases blood pressure in the short-term but it decreases it in the long run. However, consistency is the key. If you are out of shape, even walking can be very effective, when it comes to natural blood pressure remedies.
H20 doesn't actually lower blood pressure, as the studies have shown. However, not drinking enough water can cause an increase in blood pressure or even worse, damage the kidneys. You should pay special attention to your kidneys since they have the biggest role in regulating blood pressure.
Deep breathing affects the brain, including medulla oblongata, a part of the brain responsible for controling blood pressure, among other functions. Taking deep, slow breaths of air, helps relax medulla oblongata and entire nervous system thereby lowering blood pressure and heart rate.
Eliminating refined sugar may also affect blood pressure. Most people reduce sodium intake, while trying to lower blood pressure which may be insufficient in some cases. However, reducing intake of refined sugar may yield much better results.
Quitting smoking is also one of effective, yet simple natural blood pressure remedies. Cigars contain nicotine which is a stimulant that can constrict blood vessels. As heart rate goes up and the heart muscle pumps more blood through a smaller opening, the blood pressure goes up, just like when a water flows through a tight hose.
Dental hygiene can prevent and reduce the risk for developing heart disease, including high blood pressure. I am a great example. As a kid, I loved to eat a glass of nutella with a spoon, while brushing teeth wasn't one of my favorite daily rituals. Don't be like me or let your kids act like that.
Plan ahead to prevent last minute stress. If you are prepared, then you will be less worried, when it comes to daily chores. Less stress, means less spikes in blood pressure, during the day.
Don't go to bed too late. Staying up till late hours of the night as well as not sleeping enough may raise blood pressure. Few sleepless nights is enough to cause this. However, taking a rest and giving a chance for your body and mind to recover may reverse these negative effects.
While all these natural blood pressure remedies will help, the most effective road to normal blood pressure is through healthy BMI index, whether this includes gaining weight or losing weight.
One of my friends is very skinny since he exercises regulary, while his metabolism is very fast. He finds it very difficult to gain weight.
Since his body fat percentage is very low, his blood pressure is also low because of which he finds it very easy to fall a sleep.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.