Increase dopamine: Improve your mood & brain function
You want to increase dopamine? Well, luckily for us there are several tips, herbs and tricks which do just that.
In order to boost dopamine, we need to lower prolactin since these two are like ying and yang. When one goes up, the other one goes down.
Sexual arousal and orgasm describe their relationship perfectly. During sex dopamine goes up. However, during orgasm, prolactin which is responsible for sexual gratification, goes up. Raise in prolactin causes drop in dopamine synthesis.
Besides, prolactin there are other hormones such as adrenaline, progesterone and estrogen which can reduce or increase dopamine levels.
HOW TO RAISE DOPAMINE - TIPS & SUPPLEMENTS
Tyrosine and L-Phenylalanine are precursors to dopamine. The body converts L-Phenylalanine to tyrosine which is then converted to L-DOPA. Dopamine is produced from L-DOPA. So, by giving your body more building blocks of dopamine, the brain can make more of it. My personal favorite is Acetyl-L-Tyrosine due to higher bioavailability and low price.
Mucuna pruriens, also known as velvet bean, is natural source of amino acid L-DOPA, from which dopamine is produced. Because of it, the herb is one step in front of tyrosine and two steps in front of L-Phenylalanine. If you decide to try it, look for herbs with higher L-DOPA content.
Vitex is mainly used for raising progesterone and balancing progesterone to estrogen ratio. However, due to its dopaminergic effects it can reduce prolactin and increase dopamine but only when taken in higher doses. It is more suited for women, than for men.
Antioxidant rich foods can help raise dopamine, too. Since dopamine is easily oxidized, foods with high ORAC value can help solve this problem, by neutralizing free radicals. Berries have the highest ORAC value.
Vitamin B-6 is vital nutrient involved in metabolism of amino acids and in synthesis of neurotransmitters, including dopamine. Rich food sources of vitamin B-6 are vegetables, all kinds of meat, nuts, whole grains and bananas.
Phosphatidylserine(PS) is an essential lipid for healthy cerebral function that is highly concentrated in the brain cells. It improves brain's homeostasis response to stress hormones which may raise dopamine since stress hormones are produced from it.
Anti-estrogens may help reduce prolactin which would increase dopamine. According to the latest reaserch, estrogens stimulate prolactin secretion, while suppressing dopamine. However, in pregnant mothers situation is a little bit more complicated, due to opposing effects of highly elevated progesterone levels.
L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea which can boost dopamine, by relaxing the central nervous system. However, it seems to work only when taken in higher amounts.
Adaptogens are used to balance hormones, especially the ones associated with stress, including adrenaline. Adrenaline is produced from dopamine via oxidation. By reducing stress hormones, more dopamine will be left circulating in the blood.
Ginkgo Biloba and Vinpocetine may improve cerebral blood flow which can help the brain utilize more nutrients thereby boosting production of neurotransmitters.
Exercise can improve circulation, trigger the release of endorphins, reduces stress, raise serotonin levels and increase dopamine, in the long run. Beter mood is associated with higher, yet balanced level of several neurotransmitters such as GABA, oxytocin, acetylocholine, serotonin and dopamine.
Besides these tips, meditation may help, too. It relaxes the central nervous system which reduces secretion of stress hormones such as adrenaline.
Since adrenaline is produced from dopamine, the more relaxed you are, less adrenaline will be produced and more dopamine will be left for the brain cells to use.
Also, stimulants such as caffeine raise adrenaline, too. So, if you want to increase dopamine stay away from them or limit their use.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.