Symptoms of hypertensive heart disease and treatment options
Hypertensive heart disease is a condition characterized by high blood pressure. If blood pressure is constantly elevated, it may cause numerous problems which can, over time, get worse.
There are many causes of hypertensive cardiac disease but the two main ones are unhealthy diet and lack of physical activity.
Besides these two, lifestyle habits, hormonal imbalance and some drugs, can also cause as well as aggravate the condition. By dealing with the causes of the disease, you can prevent it and even reverse it.
SYMPTOMS OF HYPERTENSIVE HEART DISEASE
Symptoms of high blood pressure usually aren't that obvious in the beggining, until the disease progresses, over time. Main symptoms are:
- Lack of energy
- Increased urination
- Sleeping problems
- Heart palpitations
However, if the disease progresses it can lead to:
- Thickening of the heart muscle or hypertrophy
- Heart attack and Heart failure
- Kidney damage
HYPERTENSIVE HEART DISEASE TREATMENT
Although there are many medications such as ACE inhibitors, Beta Blockers, Diuretics which can be used to manage the disease, your best chance are lifestyle modifications.
It means no more chips, cookies and processed foods. Instead, switch to low calorie foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts. By doing so, you will improve the function of your cardiovascular system and lose weight which will cause your blood pressure to decrease.
Also, quitting smoking, limiting alcohol and caffeine, can help, too. When it comes to exercise, you should start slowly since working out with high blood pressure can be dangerous.
Start by just walking daily. When your blood pressure decreases to some degree due to healthy diet and reduction in fat percentage, you can increase the intensity of your exercises by jogging.
HYPERTENSIVE HEART DISEASE PREVENTION
Besides, tips mentioned above, keeping your hormones in balance can also help prevent hypertensive cardiac disease as well as complications that come with it. Also, if your endocrine system is working optimally, their is a less chance that you will gain weight which is the number one factor, behind high blood pressure.
However, you should also stay away from high calorie foods, by watching what you eat. After all, although they have huge influence on our bodies, hormones aren't the only factor. You have to take care of the rest.
If you are dedicated to your goal, then the chances of preventing and even reversing the disease, are excellent. I had high blood pressure, besides other heart problems, but now my blood pressure is textbook.
Well, although my systolic blood pressure is around 120, my diastolic B.P. is usually between 50 and 70 which is a little bit lower than it should be.
However, it is due to enlarged heart which is in my case, is mostly attributed to my genetics, since my father and grandmother, both have it.
In order to improve your odds, watch out for symptoms of hypertensive heart disease and take regular blood pressure measurements.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.