How to detox: Liver and the lymph work together
Due to toxins rich enviroment, many people these days are learning how to detox. Luckily for us there are several tips and herbs which can help in the process.
While our skin and especially the kidneys have significant role in eliminating the toxins, the main burden falls on the liver and the lymphatic system.
However, the lymph and the liver work together, while filtering the blood and the lymphatic system, by removing the toxins, dead and damaged tissue, waste, bacterias and viruses since they are connected.
Although deep breathing and sweating can help, there are much more efficient ways to perform detox.
HOW TO DETOX - LYMPH BRUSHING
Brushing dry skin in a places where lymph vessels and especially lymph nodes are located, stimulates lymphatic flow. Although you can use a brush, your own hand can be adequate tool.
Smaller area such as the lymph nodes which are located on the neck, behind the ear, you can brush by using your point finger and doing it in a fast pace.
On the other hand, bigger areas such as the one that goes from the side of your chest, around the nipple and up to the armpit, you should brush in a slower pace and with four fingers connected together. However, in this case brush would be a better solution.
HOW TO DETOX - STRENGTH EXERCISES
Exercises that put the stress on the muscles and stimulates them, also stimulates the movement of lymph fluid. Since lymphatic system doesn't have the pump such as the cardiovascular system, draining and transporting lymph fluids is highly dependent on our movement and level of activity.
While walking can make a difference, compact strength exercises, especially the ones focused on the main areas where the lymph nodes are located such as the neck, armpits and the groins, are the most effective.
This includes squats, bench press, pull ups, rows, military press as well as burpees, sprinting and jumping exercises. However, you don't need to go heavy when it comes to strength exercises, moderate weight is enough to put sufficient amount of stress on the muscles which will stimulate the flow of the lymph.
HOW TO DETOX - MINI TRAMPOLINE FOR LYMPH DETOX
Mini trampoline or rebounder works in combination with gravity, muscle contractions and pressure changes which opens the valves and pushes the lymph forward.
When we jump on a trampoline, the force of acceleration throws us in the air, while the gravity is pulling us down. The difference between these two forces is what makes rebounder so effective.
Not only does jumping on a mini trampoline stimulates lymph circulation but it also stimulates the liver which is connected with the lymphatic system since it is filled with lymphatic vessels.
If you don't have a rebounder, use your bed although it may not be as effective.
HOW TO DETOX - FIBER RICH DIET
Although fiber rich diet doesn't have as much influence on the draining and the transport of lymph fluids, it is vital for the removal of its waste.
Lymph and the liver drain their content in the intestines which uses the good stuff, the nutrients, while expelling the bad stuff, the toxins, through the stool.
If your diet doesn't have enough fiber, the body won't be able to complete the detoxification process which may cause problems, over time, as the toxins accumulate in the body.
Also, fruits and vegetables are rich in chlorophyll and other useful phytochemicals which help detox the blood and the lymph.
On the other hand, fiber reduces the risk of gallstones in the gallbladder which is attached to the liver thereby preventing the congestion of the liver as well as the lymph.
HOW TO DETOX - LYMPH HERBS
Several herbs are used throughout history for stimulating the lymph and encouraging lymphatic flow.
- Yellow dock root
- Red Clover
- Prickly Ash
HOW TO DETOX - LIVER HERBS
Few herbs improve liver function and aid in its detoxification process.
- Milk Thistle
HOW TO DETOX - LYMPH AND LIVER HERBS
There are also some herbs that work both ways, by helping the liver and the lymph, detox the blood and the lymphatic system.
- Blue flag
- Wild Indigo
- Red Root
By combining these techniques together, you can greatly improve the flow of the lymph, function of the lymphatic system and the liver thereby improving detoxification process.
Also, buying the herbs that help the liver and the lymph such as burdock and dandelion can be a cheaper option, while addressing both problems.
However, herbs are just add-ons. Fiber rich diet and your activity level are the two basic conditions for normal function of our built-in detox system.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.