High blood pressure supplements
There are several high blood pressure supplements which work. However, their efficiency varies from person to person.
Supplements for high blood pressure consist of vitamins, some minerals and few other nutrients. Most of them are suited for people with nutritional deficiencies caused by bad eating habits and poor diets.
LIST OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUPPLEMENTS
Vitamin D has direct effect on renin-angiotensin-aldosterone
system. It slows down the formation of renin which decreases production
of angiotensin and eventually aldosterone, thereby lowering blood
pressure. Aldostrone causes sodium retention and potassium excretion
which increases blood pressure. Vitamin D works in similar, yet
different way compared to ACE inhibitors.
Coenzyme Q10 may improve
ejection fraction of the heart muscle. Better ejection fraction means
that the heart can pump the blood better thereby eliminating the need to
increase blood pressure, in order to transport the blood.
Fish oil works in three ways. It improves brain function, while reducing
cholesterol and inflammation. All of them have an effect on blood
pressure values which makes it one of the best high blood pressure supplements.
Potassium opposes sodium. Sodium and potassium work together to maintain fluid balance in the body which affects blood volume as well as blood pressure. Although western diets usually contain too much sodium and not enough potassium, consuming too much potassium through supplements can also be dangerous.
Calcium may lower blood pressure but this seems to be true only when taken in combination with vitamin D. After all, calcium channel blockers decrease blood pressure, by blocking its effect on the blood vessels. The safest way is to get your daily dose of calcium from food, only.
Magnesium helps the heart muscle relax, while calcium helps it constrict. If you are lacking magnesium in your diet, the body will find it difficult to maintain normal blood pressure and heart rate. The balance between calcium and magnesium has to be achieved, just like with sodium and potassium.
L-ARGININE may lower high blood pressure slightly. However, it is not one of the high blood pressure supplements on which you should spend your money.
Fiber supplements can be beneficial, if you are finding it difficult to include enough fiber into your diet. They can lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels, while feeding the good bacterias in the intestines which seems to affect blood pressure in a good way.
Casein is a type of protein, made from cows milk which is broken into peptides, during digestion. Casein peptides may cause blood vessels to enlarge in diameter thereby lowering blood pressure.
Flavonoids are found in fruits and vegetables. They have positive effect on the cardiovascular system, including blood pressure. Although I get them from food, by taking ORAC-Energy Greens, I make sure to get all the flavonoids and minerals in their natural form which may be missing in my diet.
Instead of taking some of these high blood pressure supplements, rather focus on improving your diet. However, vitamin D can't be acquired in sufficient amounts, from diet alone.
Also, taking fish oil and coenzyme q10 may be beneficial. If you do take supplements for high blood pressure such as these two or vitamin D, don't take them every day.
Taking them every two-three days may benefit you more than taking them every single day, no matter what the label says.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.