Heart Failure Symptoms along with Diagnosis, Treatment and a few helpful tips
Heart failure or congestive heart failure is a condition in which case your heart can`t pump enough oxygen rich blood to your body. When your heart function is decreased then your ejection fraction(E.F) is probably very low. Normal ejection fraction is between 55-70 %. Low is from 40 to 50 % and anything below 40 % is considered very low and life threatening.
Causes of heart failure besides long-term alcohol abuse, unhealthy diet and lack of exercise also include other heart diseases. This includes high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and other other conditions of cardiovascular system which over time, negatively affects your heart that in the end leads to heart failure.
Also nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, certain syntetic hormones, drugs and too much sodium, such as salt can make the condition worse.
HEART FAILURE SYMPTOMSShortness of breath is one of the main symptoms. It is caused by accumulated fluid in the lungs. especially during the exercise or while lying flat. If you ever wake up at night, gasping for air, see a doctor as soon as possible because it is a big possibility it is caused by heart failure.Edema or swelling is also a common symptom. It can be noticed in the legs, ankles, face, abdomen or arms. It is caused by accumulated fluid in the body which can lead to increased urination.Fatigue can be causesed by many conditions, including heart failure because blood pumps less and less of nutrient rich blood to your body which lowers your energy levels. You may or may not notice that your level of intensity and length of activities during exercising or playing sports, decreases.Other symptoms include insomnia, nausea, decreased appetite, coughing and abdominal pain.
DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND PROGNOSIS
Heart failure is primary diagnosed through physical examination taking into account the symptoms and medical history of the patient, such as high blood pressure, cholesterol levels, diabetes, previous heart attacks or coronary artery disease. After the initial physical examination the doctor will order additional test. This can include various laboratory tests, electrocardiogram(ECG), chest x-ray or heart ultrasound test.
Treatment of heart failure includes several medications, in some cases pacemakers or surgery and as final solution, heart transplant. Diuretics or water increase the urination and thereby decrease the amount of water in your body which relieves the symptoms such as shortness of breath and swelling.
Treatment also includes several heart pressure medications such as ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers as well as digitalis(Digoxin). The goal of this drugs is to improve the function of the heart thereby reliving the symptoms of heart failure.
Prognosis of the disease depends on many factors but mostly to the degree of damage that heart has endured as well as the general state of the individual and its age. While heart failure can have deadly consequences with the right treatment and healthy lifestyle modifications, people can expect good quality of their life with a normal life span.
CONCLUSION AND TIPS
Although heart failure is a life threatening condition if you recognize the symptoms on time, you can receive the right treatment and prevent further damage to your heart. Also, monitoring your water intake and output, implementing healthy diet and restricting sodium can be very helpfull.
When it comes to exercise, doctors have conflicting opinions. Scientist have proved that although at first, exercise seemed counter productive, eventually they realized that it can be beneficial to your heart in this case. The thing is, you can`t start exercising until your heart is healed to some degree. Now, your first exercise should be just walking.
Later on, you can include brisk walking and eventually light jogging into your schedule, when you see fit. Slowly and carefully work your way up.
Since heart failure is in many cases caused by low ejection fraction, increasing it can relieve the symptoms of the disease and improve condition of the heart. While there are some drugs that do just that, they are also some supplements and herbs such as Coenzyme Q10 and Hawthorn which can possibly increase ejection fraction.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.