Fish oil for heart health and brain function
Benefits of fish oil for heart health is the reason, why they sell so well. Fish oil contains fatty acids such as EPA and DHA which are greatly missing in our diets, these days.
These healthy fats, come from the smallest and yet one of the most complex organisms on our planet, microalge. Microalge, besides carotenoids, antioxidants, enzymes, polymers, peptides, some toxins and sterols, also produce fatty acids known as omega 3.
Fish accumulates these beneficial omegas, by eating microalge or smaller fish which eats microalge. The biggest fish like tuna, sharks and sword fish, contain the largest quantities of this beneficial fatty acids.
However, they also contain the largest quantity of toxins since they are on the top of the food chain.
With high quality, purified fish oil supplements, we can avoid the toxins such as lead or mercury and still get the all the benefits of
fish oil for heart health.
FOOD SOURCES OF OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS
If you're interested in fish oil and heart health, best food sources of omega 3 fatty acids are:Flaxseeds - unusually rich source of omega 3's compared to other nuts and seeds, even better than walnutsSalmonHearingSardinesTunaSoybeansWalnuts - unusually rich source of omega 3's compared to other nuts and seeds, except flaxseeds
Note: Small amounts of omega 3's can also be found in fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains, while seaweed, a type of alge, is also a good source of omega 3, especially spirulina.
FISH OIL FOR HEART HEALTH AND MORE
Fish oil supplements are one of the best natural remedies for heart related problems. Fish oil benefits include:Lowers triglycerides, total and LDL cholesterol, while raising HDL cholesterol and preventing oxidation of bad cholesterol
Prevents build-up of fatty plaque on the walls of the blood vesselsOmega 3 fatty acids are natural blood thiners which can reduce the risk of blood clotsLowers blood pressure and supports healthy circulationReduces risk of atherosclerosis and arrhythmiaReduces risk of sudden cardiac death, including people which have survived heart attackReduces risk of heart attack and stroke
Besides benefits of fish oil for heart health, EPA and DHA can help with other issues:Help regulate inflammatory response thereby reducing pain, redness and swelling, associated with inflammationImprove brain function
Reduce the risk of cancer, if consumed in moderation
There has been a growing evidence of fish oil benefits in treatment of depression, dementia and other mental ailmentsMay lower the risk of osteoporosis and diabetes
Although fish oil for heart health can be very helpful, as any other supplement, it too can cause side effects:Omega 3 fats are a natural blood thinners which can cause bleeding, if combined with other blood thinners such as anticoagulant drugs or supplements.If you are taking Cod liver oil, watch out for accumulation of vitamin D and especially vitamin A. These two can be toxic in large quantities.Fishy aftertaste or diarrheaAcute inflammation is a natural reaction of the body which is crucial in fighting germs, viruses and bacterias. However, high doses of omega 3's can have negative effect on this processes and weaken our immune system.
DOSAGE: Normal dose ranges from 1-3 g of omega 3 fatty acids per day.
FISH OIL AND HEART HEALTH - TIP
I also take
fish oil for heart health. However, instead of taking it every day, I take it every 2-3 days. I also take 1 capsule, instead of recommended 2. Why, you ask?
Well, I also consume omega 3's through regular diet by eating nuts, eggs, flaxseeds and fish. This way, I still get all the fish oil benefits, by ingesting optimum amount of omega 3's, while spending less money on supplements.
Although fish oil supplements are convenient way to increase our intake of omega 3 fatty acids, you should first take care of your diet.
However, if you choose to buy supplements of fish oil for heart health, get them from reliable source. Pick the product and the company with plenty of satisfied customers and great reviews. This way, you will avoid all the nasty toxins.
Also, pay attention to the amount of EPA and DHA as well to the other ingredients in it. Some of them contain Coenzyme Q10 or other helpful compounds but they usually cost more.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.