Fiber rich foods: Better than cholesterol lowering drugs
Fiber rich foods, along with phytosterols, can be very effective, when it comes to lowering cholesterol. Fiber is indigestible part of the plant which has many benefits for the human body.
There are two types of fiber, soluble and insoluble. However, soluble fiber is responsible for lowering blood cholesterol levels while insoluble fiber promotes healthy bowel movements thereby helping expel excess cholesterol, among other digestive materials, through stool.
When it comes to fiber and heart disease, it can also decrease the risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack. List of fiber benefits don't stop there since it helps your body in so many ways.
OTHER BENEFITS OF FIBER RICH FOODS
Besides fiber and cholesterol connection, it can also: Reduce appetite and speed up weight lossRegulate blood sugar levels and decrease the risk of diabetesPromote healthy intestines and digestive systemDecrease the risk of ulcers, diverticulitis, constipation, hemorrhoids and several cancersImprove immune system by feeding and increasing the number of good bacterias in the intestines
While all these beneficial effects are great by themselves for your body, they also indirectly reflect positively on the condition of your cardiovascular system. For example, stabilizing blood sugar levels prevents your body from receiving unnecessary damage caused by unbalanced hormones and glucose levels.
Also, if your immune system is strong then it is less likely that you will suffer from any kind of viral disease which can damage the heart. On the other hand, healthy digestive system will efficiently assimilate all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients from fiber rich foods, that your body and heart, require.
FOODS RICH IN FIBER - SOLUBLE FIBER
All plants contain soluble fiber but some have it more than others. It is mostly found in the insides of fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes which are all very rich sources of soluble fiber.Peas and BeansApples and PearsBananas and OrangesBerries, Pruns and PlumsBroccoli, Artichokes, Carrots and Sweet PotatoesPsyllium seed husk, Oats and Barley
FOODS RICH IN FIBER - INSOLUBLE FIBER
Same as with soluble fiber,
fiber rich foods, also contain insoluble fiber but some have it more than others. It is mostly found in the outer layer, in the skin of fruits and vegetables as well as in grains, nuts and seeds.Whole-wheat, whole-grain foodsNuts and SeedsMost vegetables (Cauliflower, Celery, Cabbage, Beets, Tomatoes, Potato skins)Avocados, Plums, Apples, Peaches (the skin of the fruits)
Eat your greens as well as fruits, nuts, seeds and grains since they contain both types of dietary fibers, just in different proportions. Fiber rich diet will have many benefits on your overall and cardiovascular health, besides your cholesterol values.
There are plenty of
fiber rich foods to pick from, so there is no excuses to include, at least some of them, into your daily schedule.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.