Fenuside: Is it worth the money?
Fenuside saponins, also known as testofen, are one of 100 chemicals found in fenugreek. Testofen is advertised as testosterone booster which may be useful to athletes and people with low T levels.
However, it should be noted that studies have been done mostly on animals. I couldn't find enough reliable human studies to confirm its effectiveness.
So, I decided to get my hands on some bulk powder to test its claims. After a month or two of trying the product, I will let you know about my experience.
HOW IT WORKS
Fenuside saponins from fenugreek work in similar fashion as saponins from tribulus. However, instead of only raising LH or Luteinizing hormone, it seems that testofen also boosts ACTH which stimulates the adrenal cortex.
Along with testes, adrenal glands also produce certain amount of androgenic hormones, besides corticosteroids, adrenaline and aldosterone. Its effects are similar to forskolin, despite slightly different mode of action.
On the other hand, testofen also seems to act like testosterone, by binding to its receptors and exibiting testosterone like activity which makes it similar to icariin. Whether these claims are true or not, they certainly make this compound very interesting.
PANCREAS FUNCTION & PROLACTIN SECRETION
While we can't be sure about fenugreek's effect on anabolic and androgenic hormones, its effect on prolactin secretion, blood sugar levels and insulin are well established.
Because of compounds known as galactagogues, herb can raise prolactin levels which may benefit nursing mothers that have trouble lactating.
On the other hand, thanks to compounds such as fenugreekine, 4-hydroxyisoleucin and few alkaloids, fenugreek is used for natural diabetes treatment. The point is, if it works for these two, maybe the herb can really boost testosterone, thanks to testofen.
If these compounds are able to improve hormonal production within natural limits, they may be helpful for athletes, bodybuilders as well as anyone that works out but wants to achieve the best possible results, while improving performance.
Since it works by improving body's own natural production, the risk of side effects is minimal unlike with anabolic steroids.
Also, improved hormone levels may reflect positively on heart function, energy levels, libido, immune system, fertility and overall well-being.
People taking fenugreek or fenugreek based supplements such as testofen found out that herb may cause their urine to smell like maple syrup. However, I regulary consume curry which contains fenugreek but I haven't experienced these kind of problems, yet.
On the other hand, I don't consume large amount of spices, nor does curry contain large amounts of fenugreek.
For now, just add some curry to your diet. Don't spend your money on fenuside supplements. If you decide to buy some test boosters, it might be useful if the formula contains testofen.
However, from my experience tribulus and especially D-Aspartic Acid or DAA are effective testosterone boosters.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.