Curcumin benefits: Natural remedy for heart enlargement and inflammation related diseases
There are numerous curcumin benefits, thanks to its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Polyphenol is found in turmeric which is responsible for its yellow color.
It can be very useful for treating many ailments. People from India tend to have low rates of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. However, when they change their place of residence and switch to western diet, all this changes.
Since they don't consume sufficient amount of healthy foods and spices such as curry or turmeric, they lose protecting effect of these chemicals and all the benefits of curcumin which opens the door for many diseases to develop, including heart problems.
CURCUMIN AND HEART DISEASE
Curcumin can help prevent and in some cases even treat heart enlargement, associated with heart disease. In one study, scientists gave turmeric extract to mices with enlarged hearts. Their heart's either stopped growing or even returned to normal size.
Most of them restored their heart function, while curcumin even reduced scar formation of the cardiac muscle. It seems to work by shuting down certain genes responsible for excessive protein production, associated with cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure.
I personally have enlarged heart but it did manage to reduce its size, to a certain point.
Although I workout regularly, I also consume healthy foods, spices and take supplements. So, I really couldn't tell you if my heart reduced in size thanks to curcumin benefits, healthy diet, workout program or supplements.
Probably a little bit of everything helped, including curcumin.
Curcumin can also lower cholesterol, prevent its oxidation and reduce triglycerides. However, it can raise "good" HDL cholesterol and reduce elevated homocysteine levels.
High levels of homocysteine have been linked with increased risk of heart related problems, especially atherosclerosis.
CURCUMIN BENEFITS - CANCER AND INFLAMMATION RESPONSE
Curcumin's strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are also one of the reasons why turmeric is so effective for reducing the risk of blood, prostate and breast cancer as well as arthritis.
It works by inhibiting eicosanoid, cyclooxygenase, 5-lipoxygenase as well as by inducting glutathione S-transferase which play important role in inflammation.
On the other hand, it restores function of vital immune system cells such as CD4 and CD8 T cells. It also increases production of proteins which are crucial for development of immune system, while preventing multiplication of proteins which can suppress immune system.
Herb also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, thanks to which it can inhibit the growth of Helicobacter pylori. Helicobacter pylori causes gastric ulcers which are linked with cancers of the stomach and intestines.
CURCUMIN BENEFITS FOR DIABETES AND LIVER PROTECTION
Although many spices from asian cuisine have shown beneficial for preventing diabetes, turmeric seems to be very potent.
Besides improving insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control, thanks to benefits of curcumin, the herb prevents autoimmune reaction toward the insulin-producing pancreatic beta cells.
Turmeric may also help protect the liver from excess fat, toxins and free radicals thereby going two steps further, when it comes to preventing diabetes and heart disease unlike most other flavonoids.
Despite curcumin benefits, there are few side effects associated with high doses. It is important to emphasize that beneficial effects of curcumin are not strengthened with higher doses.
Possible side effects include nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach and skin rash, when applied on the skin.
Scientists are also examining its's effect on dementia, as it seems to slow down the progression of alzheimer's disease and improve brain function since it can pass the blood-brain barrier.
Some people use curcumin to treat respiratory diseases. Turmeric may relieve symptoms of asthma
and improve lung function, thanks to its
immuno-modulating and anti-microbial properties.
Although curcumin benefits can be acquired, by consuming turmeric, I personally prefer curry. Turmeric is the main ingredient in curry and you get few other heart healthy spices with it.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.