Cageball: Have fun while doing cardio
Cageball is my favorite kind of cardio that is very effective. It is combination of slow paced and fast faced paced cardio exercises.
Cage ball is a type of football or soccer, depending on the view of point. However, it is played indoors, in the cage. Playing field is usually 23x15 metres in size, while the game is played on the artificial turf or wooden floor.
Players are divided in two teams, usually 4 against 4. One goalkeeper and three players but even the goalkeeper can actively participate in the game since playing field isn't that big.
There are no offsides, throw-ins or goal kicks like in regular football. Tempo varies during the game, from slow and steady to fast and explosive. If you are like me, you should find it very interesting.
BENEFITS OF CAGEBALL
Since it contains elements of slow and faced paced cardio exercises, it offers the best of both worlds. If you get tired, you can just play defense or switch position with a goalkeeper until your energy gets back.
This simple fact makes it suitable for beginners and fit individuals that want to improve their cardiovascular system function or just have some fun, while doing cardio.
Also, socializing with your friends and competing against one another makes a little more entertaining, doesn't it.
PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH CAGE BALL
Unlike with other cardio exercises which are not team sports, cageball comes with some unique obstacles. You will need seven more players which are interested in playing the game.
Although it sounds simple, it can become very annoying, especially if you play it regulary, once per week. Some of them might be injured, sick, busy or unable to participate due to some other reason.
This is why its better to have a group of 10-15 people which like the game and are willing to jump in, if needed. Also, unlike running, sprinting or burpees, players need to pay for booking the court or in this case, a cage.
Since it is very dynamic type of footbal, injures of the foot and leg bruises are most common. They are classic injuries for this kind of sport but with a greatly reduced risk of leg fractures, due to smaller playing field.
Toe injuries are also very common. Maybe it sounds funny, petty or insignificant but it can prevent you from enjoying or even playing the game or performing other cardio exercises.
If there is no cageball field in your area or you don't like this kind of game, you can choose other sports with similar characteristics. For instance, basketball, regular football or soccer, squash and hockey are all valuable alternatives.
However, with any kind of team sports you will need additional players. On the other hand, dynamic team sports such as cage ball and basketball tend to be very entertaining and effective cardio workouts.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.