Burpees: It is easy to fit them into your schedule
Time saving exercises such as burpees are suited for people which don't have enought time or energy to work out for 30 to 60 minutes.
However, these short exercises are also great for those with lack of motivation, if you are one of those people that are not fan of any kind of cardio.
HOW ARE THEY PREFORMED
These exercises work all the muscle groups, while they are preformed at high intensity. The key is in the speed and the fact that they work an entire body. This makes them highly effective exercises to lose weight which also improve cardiovascular system function.
Burpees consist of squats, jumps and pushups. You begin in a standing postion followed by a pushup, after which you go into a squatting position from which you explode, jump up. You should repeat entire process as fast and as long as you can until you reach failure which usually last from 20 seconds up to one minute.
You can do 3 or more repetitions in one 5 minute session or several of them throughout the day. For more intensity you can substitute regular pushups with explosive, plyometric pushups. Although these short exercises are usually preformed only with your own bodyweight, you can add ankle weights, medicine ball or light dumbbells to make the exercise even more challenging.
HOW TIME SAVING EXERCISES WORK
Since burpees work entire body in a short period of time, they stimulate the body to secrete small amounts of tissue building hormones such as testosterone, DHEA, growth hormone and progesterone, while preventing chronic increase in cortisol. On the other hand, the speed of repetitions spikes heart rate to its max and keep its elevated for some time, even after the workout.
As a result, the body turns into a fat burning machine, while the cardiovascular system adapts to increased workload.
Although whole body exercises can lead to rhabdomyolysis, resulting in muscle and kidney damage, since burpees are preformed for short period of time and mainly with your own bodyweight, this kind of risk is minimal.
HOW TO FIT THEM INTO YOUR SCHEDULE
You can always include these time saving exercises into your daily schedule, regardless of the situation, nature of your job or the enviroment. All you need is a little bit of space and couple minutes of privacy. You can do them in the privacy of your office while on the job, in a hotel room while on the trip or in the house while catching a 5 minute break from daily chores.
Since it is a short exercise, the amount of sweat is minimal because of which you won't need to change your clothes or shower, right away. Even your colleagues on work and family members at home won't notice any change unless you talk to them, before your breathing normalizes.
HOW THEY COMPARE WITH JOGGING OR SPRINTING
Doing burpees on a daily, can be effective as 60 minutes of jogging that is done few time per week. On the other hand, they are inferior when compared to 20-30 minutes long sprinting drills, mix cardio and especially high intensity interval training.
However, their concept is partially based on these kind of activities since high intensity and the speed are the common factors. Only difference is that they are whole body exercises which are preformed for several minutes.
HOW TO GET MOST FROM THEM
If motivation and free time aren't your problems, then you can combine burpees with your regular cardio or gym workouts, by performing them on your rest days or once per day on the training day.
Be careful not to overdo it since you can very easily overtrain or injure yourself. Also, you will be burning more calories because of which special emphasis should be placed on the diet.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.