Benefits of Cayenne Pepper: Inexpensive natural heart disease remedy for improving blood flow and lipid levels
Thanks to benefits of cayenne pepper, it is one of the most popular and frequently used spices in cooking, all over the world. Its color and strong flavour come from the capsaicin, a powerful compound.
capsaicin, cayenne can be used to treat heart disease, fight cancer, clean the bloodstream and ward of diseases. Although, it is primarily used for improving blood flow, there are other cayenne benefits, when it comes to heart disease.
CAYENNE FOR HEART HEALTH
Cayenne pepper is one of the strongest natural remedies used for improving lipid levels, next to garlic, dietary fiber and fish oil. It can reduce cholesterol and triglycerides, while preventing oxidation of LDL cholesterol and removing plaque from the arteries.
However, cayenne can also increase fibrinolytic activity and thereby prevent formation of blood clots which reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke and atherosclerosis.
One fact on which all sides agree, when it comes to benefits of cayenne pepper, is its's ability to improve blood flow, thanks to capsaicin.
The hotter, the pepper the more capsaicin it contains. When capsaicin touches the tongue, it sends signals to the nerves in your body to increase blood flow.
Cayenne works great with hawthorn and adaptogens as well as with supplements such as coenzyme Q10.
Same as other circulatory herbs, it is used in treatment of various circulatory diseases which includes varicose veins, hemorrhoids, peripheral vascular disease and chronic venous insufficiency.
CANCER AND DETOXIFICATION
Cayenne pepper is also very well known for its cancer fighting properties. It may prevent the spread of cancerous cells, while initiating apoptosis or programmed cell death.
In lab studies, cayenne was able to kill prostate, breast, stomach, pancreas and lung cancer. However, the question is, would it work on us?
Due to benefits of cayenne pepper, herb is also used in detoxification formulas since it exhibits anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
Capsaicin from cayenne is very well absorbed from the digestive track into the bloodstream. On the other hand, it is questionable how much should we consume, in order to experience cayenne benefits and avoid the side effects.
DIGESTION AND WEIGHT LOSS
As well as black pepper, cayenne can help with digestion, by stimulating production of saliva and digestive juices such as hydrochloric acid.
Hydrochloric acid helps break down foods and dramatically increases the absorption of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, antioxidants and other chemical compounds found in foods, herbs and supplements.
Since capsaicin kills bacterias and parasites, it can neutralize them in the digestive tract thereby preventing their negative influence on the good bacterias in the stomach.
One of the numerous benefits of cayenne pepper, are its thermogenic properties thanks to which it can speed up metabolism, improve circulation and induce sweating. By doing so, the body starts burning more calories which helps with weight loss.
Possible side effects include nausea, vomiting, stomach aches and diarrhea. When applied to the skin and left for some time, the herb will provoke burning reaction. This is especially dangerous, if cayenne comes in contact with eyes.
Higher doses of cayenne may lead to kidney and liver damage, severe gastrointestinal problems and even death. Besides capsaicin, the herb contains other flavonoids, too, which may be carcinogenic in high amounts.
Cayenne is cheap and easily available herb found in supermarkets. You can use it to destroy blood clots, improve lipid profiles, heart function and above all, circulation.
However, it is also used for treating viral infections such as shingles and herpes, arthritis, diabetes, muscle pain, as well as for relieving pain associated with gum disease and headaches.
For whichever reason you decide to get you some benefits of cayenne pepper, don't go overboard. Too much capsaicin, can be counterproductive.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.