Astaxanthin benefits: Offers all-round approach for improving health
Astaxanthin benefits range from treating heart disease, preventing sunburn, macular degeneration and cancer. It is a type of very powerful carotenoid which is found only in seafood, yeast and certain alge.
It is hard to acquire it through diet, unlike other carotenoids such as beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
This unique carotenoid is also one of the most powerful antioxidants known to man which can unlike other carotenoids, pass the blood-brain barrier. Due to its strength, I don't recommend taking it in high doses, especially men since it natural DHT inhibitor. It can cause gyno.
ASTAXANTHIN BENEFITS - CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
This powerful carotenoid can improve lipid profiles and prevent oxidation of fatty acids which makes it a great addition to fish oil supplements.
For instance, salmon contains both of them. It may be the cause behind its amazing endurance and the reason why wild salmon is able to swim upstream for hundreds of miles, while jumping over the waterfalls, in order to spawn.
When it comes to fats, it can reduce arterial plaque formation, triglycerides as well as LDL cholesterol, while increasing good HDL cholesterol. On the other hand, it can lower C-Reactive Protein which can increase in response to inflammation, improve vascular elastin, a type of protein and thickness of arterial walls.
These benefits make it helpful for reducing the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack and even blood pressure, if it really can improve elasticity of blood vessels.
From my personal expirience, it did help improve my lipid profiles, endurance and heart function. My blood pressure did go down but there are better supplements for treating high blood pressure such as vitamin D3.
ASTAXANTHIN BENEFITS - SUNBURN PROTECTION
Although I bought it for treating my heart disease, the heart tonic formula which contained this precious nutrient showed to be very useful during summer days.
Among all carotenoids, it has shown to be the most effective for preventing photodamage and sunburn. During the summer of 2011, I worked for a turist agency and majority of my 8 hour shift implied working outside on the sun.
Luckily for me, I started taking Xtend Life Omega 3/QH Ultra, two months before the summer which help me build up astaxanthin levels in my blood and skin.
When I was exposed to intense afternoon sun, I got nice tan. I didn't expirience sunburn or peeling of the skin, as I usually do. Although this precious nutrient will help you get a nice tan and protect you from sunburn, to a certain point, it would be silly to neglect the dangerous effects of UV rays. Skin cancer is serious matter.
ASTAXANTHIN BENEFITS - EYE HEALTH AND MACULAR DEGENERATION
Cause of too much sun, my eyes were "sore" at the end of the day, although I had sunglasses which by the way, weren't quite good. Thanks to this powerful carotenoid, my eyesight didn't suffer from any repercussions since today my sight is still 20/20.
Since it can pass the blood-brain barrier and enter the retina, it can be very effective in preventing macular degeneration, blindness, cataracts, light induced damage, inflammation of the eye and glaucoma.
Although other carotenoids exhibit similar effects, when it comes to vision, none of them has shown to be as effective as this one.
ASTAXANTHIN BENEFITS - IMMUNE SYSTEM AND CANCER
This powerful carotenoid may boost immune system function, by improving production of antibodies and activity of T-cells. In my opinion, it can strengthen the immune system but it ain't nothing special.
On the other hand, it may be more effective in preventing bladder, prostate, breast and oral cancer then other carotenoids.
Reduced risk of diabetes, dementia, stroke and gum disease are also among astaxanthin benefits. It can increase the number of adiponectin which lowers the risk of diabetes.
However, some people use it to relieve muscle and joint pain as well as to slow down the aging process since it is one of the most powerful antioxidants.
Also, it is better absorbed when taken with fats. Combining it with fish oil and taking it during summer can be more effective way to go.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.