Piperine: Increases bioavailability of heart healthy nutrients
Piperine is alkaloid found in black pepper which is mainly used to treat digestion problems and improve absorption of nutrients.
It can increase blood levels of curcumin, resveratrol, diindolylmethane(DIM), lycopene, anthocyanins, citrus bioflavonoids, EGCg as well as other phytonutrients. However, it has other benefits, too.
ALKALOID AND HEART DISEASE
Since it is an antioxidant, it can prevent oxidation of cholesterol as well as reduce total and LDL cholesterol. However, it can also protect red blood cells from damage. Red blood cells are essential for transporting oxygen to every part of the body via blood vessels.
Red blood cells and oxygen levels have significant role on cardiac muscle function and heart rate.
Besides these benefits, piperine posseses natural anti-inflammatory characteristics. It may even improve circulation and prevent blood clots but its mode of action is still unclear.
Since it improves digestion, it can also be used to prevent heartburn.
Alkaloid from black pepper is able to increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach which helps break down foods and increases the absorbtion of nutrients.
However, it seems that it is also able to stimulate digestive tract as well as neutralize bacterias and parasites in the intestines, while supporting the growth of good bacterias and healthy intestinal flora.
Healthy intestinal flora reduces the risk of gastric ulcers, diarrhea, bloating, constipation, candida, helicobacter pylori as well as cancers of the colon and stomach. Besides increasing the secretion of gastric acid, piperine may also stimulate other intestinal enzymes, such as amylase, lipase and trypsin.
By stimulating digestive enzymes and acids, the alkaloid helps clear out any lingering chunks of food which haven't been fully digested. This way, it helps clear out the digestive tract and the intestines thereby reducing the risk of diverticulitis.
TOXICITY AND INTERACTIONS
While it can increase the absorbtion of phytonutrients, the alkaloid can also increase level of toxic chemicals from food and medications. In high doses, these toxic chemicals interfere with normal function of our endocrine, immune, cardiovascular and nervous system.
On the other hand, otherwise safe prescription drugs can become dangerous, in combination with bioperine supplements or black pepper.
Also, while small amount of black pepper seem to be beneficial, high amount can be dangerous. It can be toxic and damage the organs, especially the liver.
Before mixing piperine with supplements and especially medications, consult with your doctor.
Black pepper and its alkaloids are also useful for lowering the risk of diabetes, improving mood and boosting metabolic processes in the body which may help with weight loss.
You can either take bioperine supplements or add black pepper to your meals. I get it in both forms. If you want to add black pepper to your meals, sprinkle it after you cook the food since the heat may degrade and destroy the chemicals in it.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.