Eugenol can purify the blood and reduce the risk of gingivitis and heart disease
Eugenol is a chemical which is found in many plants, herbs and spices but clove is the best natural source of this powerful antioxidant.
However, it is a double edge sword since it can have potentially dangerous repercussions, if consumed
in higher amounts.
Very small amounts are required, in order to reap the benefits and avoid side effects. It posseses anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which makes it very useful in killing parasites which could damage the heart, lungs or the kidneys.
Besides cloves, there are many other natural sources of eugenol.CinnamonBasilNutmeg oilsAniseLemon BalmTurmericHysoopOregano
Polypehnol is able to improve lipid profiles and prevent oxidation of cholesterol thereby reducing the risk of heart attack and atherosclerosis. As well as curcumin, it can inhibit COX-2, a protein responsible for inflammation.
Clove oil is even included in many toothpastes, dental creams and throat sprays. Thanks to it's strong antibacterial effects, eugenol is one of the most potent blood purifiers. If you have gum disease, you can take cloves internally or apply clove oil on to the inflamed gums. Just don't over do it.
Clove oil is also able to reduce formation of blood clots since it is a natural blood thinner, while inhibiting the aggregation of platelets thereby reducing the risk of heart attack.
Stimulant properties of clove tea are attributed to its ability to increase circulation, expand the blood vessels and to increase body temperature.
Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, clove oil can be very helpful in treating many digestive problems such as candida, intestinal worms, diarrhea, gas, bloating, ulcers, intestinal spasms and nausea.
Wormwood which is known for its anti-fungal properties, contains significant amount of eugenol.
As well as black pepper, clove can also increase the secretion of gastric acid in the stomach. Gastric acid can help digest food and kill intestinal bacterias, including helicobacter pylori.
NERVE CELLS AND BRAIN FUNCTION
This potent herbal compound is able to deactivate free radicals such as superoxide thereby protecting nerve cells from damage. However, this powerful antioxidant may also promote regeneration of damaged nerve cells.
Clove may have an effect on brain function, while stimulating hypothalamus-pituitary axis which can change the levels of neurotransmitters and hormones in the blood, in a good way.
Thanks to this benefits, clove is used to treat stress, anxiety and depression as well as to improve brain function.
SIDE EFFECTS AND INTERACTIONS
Although it is very powerful antioxidant, it can be potentially dangerous when ingested in higher amounts. According to scientific research, eugenol may be carcinogenic but the extend of it's carcinogenic potential in humans still hasn't been established.
High doses can cause arrhythmia, increase the heart rate and blood pressure as well as lead to breathing problems, kidney damage, digestive problems, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness and liver failure.
Clove and it's flavonoids may interact with anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs.
Pregnant and breast-feeding mothers as well as children or people with bleeding disorders shouldn't take the herb, especially in a form of supplement.
This strong chemical can be easily obtained from spices. Adding few cloves to your meals while cooking, is enough since the herb is so powerful.
Cloves can also be used to treat headaches, diabetes, arthritis, cholera as well as other infections.
However, beware of the herb's strength since it can have dangerous repercussions if you take too much of it, especially through supplements standardized for high eugenol content.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.