Cruciferous vegetables can detoxify the bloodstream and reduce the risk of heart disease
Cruciferous vegetables are family of probably the most healthiest veggies on the planet. They contain disease fighting compounds such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane and diindolylmethane.
These super veggies can be used to reduce the risk and treat cancer, diabetes, dementia, arthritis, autoimmune diseases as well as heart related problems.
However they can also slow down the aging process and significantly improve the quality of your life, when consumed on a regular basis, two to three times per week.
HOW TO COOK CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES
Most people have the wrong approach when cooking them. When you cook them in hot or boiling water, they lose a lot of their phytonutrients.
On the other hand, raw cruciferous veggies contain high amount of gonadotropins which can impair thyroid function and cause goiter.
However, when you steam them for 10 to 20 minutes, just enough for them to soften up, neutralize gonadotropins and kill unwanted bacterias, you are ensuring that cruciferous vegetables keep all their precious compounds.
LIST OF THE MOST HEALTHIEST CRUCIFEROUS VEGGIES
Not all cruciferous veggies are created equal. Some of them contain higher amount and greater diversity of glucosinolates and their derivatives.
This includes:Brussels sprouts-probably the healthiest vegetable from cruciferous familyKale - close secondBroccoliCabbageCauliflower
Including at least one of these vegetables into your diet can make significant difference. I personally like to combine Brussels sprouts and Broccoli with Spinach, a type of leafy vegetable. However, I switch it up, from time to time.
HEART DISEASE AND CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES
They are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Fiber helps lower cholesterol and triglyceride. Antioxidants in these veggies prevent oxidation of cholesterol, while increasing good HDL cholesterol.
Unique phytochemicals such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane, diindolylmethane and isothiocyanates are responsible for the most significant effects. These glucosinolates promote healthy inflammatory reaction, increase production of natural antioxidants, while inhibiting aggregation of platelets which lower the risk of blood clots.
When it comes to blood clots, glucosinolates help detoxify excess estrogen and environmental toxins which supports homeostasis and normal function of blood clotting mechanisms.
These unique flavonoids can also prevent damage to the heart muscle, blood vessels and DNA as well as aid in regeneration process. Over time, this leads to youthful and improved function of the heart muscle.
Cruciferous vegetables can prevent growth of cancerous cells of breast, prostate, lung, colon, liver, uterine tissue, mouth and cervix. We can thank these benefits to sulforaphane and I3C which is metabolized into diindolylmethane.
They stimulate natural enzymes in the body which detoxify carcinogens and toxins. However, they work much better in combination with other compounds such as crambene, other isothiocyanates and glucosinolates.
They also help balance estrogen, by flushing excess estrogen out through the intestines and kidneys. This helps establish hormonal balance and reduces the risk of estrogen related cancers.
If you ever take DIM(diindolylmethane) supplements, you will notice a change in the color of your urine. It is good way to see detoxifying process at work which means that the supplement is working.
Besides heart disease and cancer, these super veggies can also help prevent diabetes, skin cancer, digestive problems as well as age related diseases such as dementia and macular degeneration.
Don't eat them raw, in order to avoid thyroid problems. However, if your overcook them, you will lose plenty glucosinolates. Steaming cruciferous vegetables for 10 to 20 minutes is the best way to go.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.