Butchers Broom: Vascular strengthener and natural remedy for circulatory conditions
Butchers Broom is medicinal herb native to the Mediterranean which has broad array of benefits. It is used for improving elasticity of the blood vessels and promoting healthy circulation.
Butcher's Broom contains fatty acids, sterols and few rare flavonoids such as ruscogenin and sparteine. These flavonoids can help improve the condition of blood vessels and arteries.
BENEFITS AND USES
It enhances blood flow to the brain, legs, hands as well as to the heart muscle. Much of its cardiovascular benefits are attributed to ruscogenin which supports healthy tone of blood vessels.
Besides improving blood flow, it also helps maintain healthy water balance thereby reducing water retention which may prevent swelling or edema, caused by water imbalance.
Sparteine, may help fill heart chambers with blood and prevent arrhythmias. However, this can also cause an increase in diastolic blood pressure which may be useful for people with hypotension or low blood pressure.
On the other hand, people with high blood pressure should stay away from Butchers Broom.
This great herb can be very helpful in treatment of blood clots, varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency and hemorrhoids. It can constrict dilated blood vessels and
alleviate unpleasant sensations, caused by some of these conditions.
Butcher's Broom also contains hesperidin which is a citrus flavonoid rarely found in other plants. Hesperidin is natural aromatase inhibitor which has positive effect on testosterone to estrogen ratio.
High estrogen may interfere with blood clotting mechanisms which may lead to blood clots, thrombosis and eventually heart attack.
BUTCHER'S BROOM SIDE EFFECTS
Possible side effects include uterine contractions, nausea, stomach irritation, loose and more frequent bowel movements.
Also, it is not advisable to use Butchers Broom during pregnancy.
- Since the herb is natural anticoagulant, it may interact with blood thinners or anticoagulants medications.
- It can also interact with MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitors and affect blood pressure.
It is more effective when used in combination with other circulatory herbs such as cayenne, hawthorn, witch hazel, ginkgo, garlic and especially horse chestnut.
Their synergic effect decreases permeability, while improving strength and elasticity of the blood vessels, more then Butcher's Broom alone could.
I personally used Butcher's Broom to treat my blood vessels related problems which was caused by overtraining. I didn't know better at the time, I was a beginner.
Anyway, it helped me a lot since my pain almost disappeared after I started taking circulatory formula, in which the main ingredient was Butcher's Broom. However, I found out that cream made from Butchers Broom and Horse Chestnut works even better.
Maybe because you can apply it directly on the affected area.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2015 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.