Aromatase inhibitors and estrogen blockers: Nature's answer to xenoestrogens and aging
Estrogen blockers, aromatase inhibitors(AI's) and estrogen detoxifiers, offer all round approach in fighting excess estrogen.
Although estrogen is important hormone for our well being, especially
for women, high amounts can cause serious health problems, in both
sexes. There are three types of estrogen, estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), and estriol (E3).
However, not all of them are made equal. Estradiol is the most strongest, natural occuring estrogen which has a great influence on males too, since it is involved in testosterone feedback loop.
In men, estrogens are produced from androgens such as testosterone, by enzyme aromatase which increases with aging.
WHY DO MODERN HUMANS PRODUCE TOO MUCH ESTROGEN
Our enviroment is filled with estrogen mimicking chemicals known as xenoestrogens which pollute the foods we eat and the water we drink.
By ingesting these chemicals, we are boosting the process of aromatization, thereby stimulating aromatase enzyme. This increases estrogen levels in the blood because of which women and men are getting more feminine.
While you may think that this is a good news for women and bad for men, you are wrong. It is bad for both sexes. However, estrogen blockers, aromatase inhibitors and estrogen detoxifiers are natural solutions for these problems.
High estrogen increases the risk of prostate problems, low libido, male breast cancer, short stature and gynecomastia, in men.
On the other hand, women these days have bigger breasts, more feminine characteristics and higher sex drive. However, because of it, women are also getting diagnosed with breast and ovarian cancer in their twenties, while experiencing weight gain and fertility problems.
Heart disease is another problem since high estrogen also affects the heart muscle and blood clotting mechanisms as well as other hormones which are crucial for normal heart function.
HOW ESTROGEN AFFECTS OTHER HORMONES
Estrogen is a crucial part of feedback loop of our hormonal system. Endocrine system is always trying to establish homeostasis. However, when estrogen is high, it signals the endocrine system that balance is already established which prevents further production of several hormones.
This is most apparent with testosterone but it affects other hormones which are precursors to testosterone and estrogens such as DHEA, progesterone and androstenedione.
DECREASE ESTROGEN WITH ANTI-ESTROGENS
I have tried many supplements. While couple of them have been very effective, I saw the biggest improvement with these anti-estrogen supplements, besides adaptogens, Hawthorn, vitamin D, Forskolin and fish oil.
The most potent estrogen blockers and aromatase inhibitors are:Chrysin (5'7-Dihydroxyisoflavone) is a flavonoid from blue passion flower which has shown to be the most powerful natural aromatase inhibitor. However, its low bioavailability gives weak results in real life. To overcome that, you should consume it with piperine from black pepper, dihydroxybergamottin (DHB) from grapefruit or both.White Button Mushrooms seems to be very powerful aromatase inhibitor with great real life results.Trans-Resveratrol is not as strong as other AI's but it works. It also has numerous other health benefits, especially regarding the cardiovascular system.Daidzein (4'7-Dihydroxyisoflavone) is a strong isoflavonoid extracted primarily from Kudzu root. Although it is not as strong as Chrysin, the body absorbs it much better.Hesperetin is created by metabolising hesperidin in the stomach which is found in citrus fruits, especially orange.Naringenin is another citrus bioflavonoid whose metabolites are able to inhibit aromatase enzyme and reduce estrogen.Nettle Root contains probably the weakest of all aromatase inhibitors, 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran and Secoisolariciresinol.CAPE from Bee Propolis is a natural SERM and estrogen blocker. It is one of the newest addition in the fight against xenoestrogens. It is helpful for men suffering from prostate cancer, women battling breast cancer as well as for reducing the risk of heart disease.Vitamin D is another natural aromatase inhibitor. It is one of the reasons why so many teens experience growth spurt during summer.Turmeric may also help, by occupying estrogen receptors. 7-MF (7-Methoxyflavone) is natural compound with powerful aromatase inhibiting properties, superior bioavailability as well as strong resistance to hepatic breakdown. Don't confuse it with methoxyISOflavone. 7-MF is completely different compound. Acacetin (4'methoxy-5,7-dihydroxyflavone) is one of natural aromatase inhibitors isolated from the damiana plant which may suppress up to 63 percent of aromatase activity. Unlike some other natural AI's, it has no estrogenic activity at all.
NOTE: Although phytoestrogens such as Chrysin and Daidzein as well as natural SERMs such as CAPE, Turmeric and Resveratrol may inhibit aromatase enzyme to some degree, they are primarily estrogen blockers. They bind to estrogen receptors thereby blocking estrogen which causes an increase in testosterone, progesterone, DHEA and androstenedione.
DECREASE ESTROGEN WITH ESTROGEN DETOXIFIERS
When we have blocked estrogen and lowered its production with aromatase inhibitors, we have to detoxify excess estrogen as well as xenoestrogens. This is where the liver comes.
Liver is a detox powerhouse which is responsible for detoxification of our blood. When it is clogged, it can't do its job. However, there are a couple of liver herbs which can improve its function. They are:
- Milk Thistle
- Prunella Vulgaris
- Yellow dock
Besides these liver herbs, there are some supplements which have a direct effect on estrogens metabolism. They are:Indole-3-Carbinol or I3C is found in cruciferous vegetables. It helps detoxify estrogens because of which it works very well with estrogen blockers. Diindolylmethane or DIM is a metabolite of I3C. It is stronger and more effective compound which increases the amount of good estrogens, while reducing the amount of bad estrogens and xenoestrogens. When you take DIM, you may notice a change in your urine color. Those are the toxins and estrogens being flushed out from the body. The best time to take it, is before bed or after you wake up since hormone levels are raising at night, during sleep.
order to lower estrogen, you don't need to take any supplements such as
aromatase inhibitors. You can get them from food and sunlight.
eat white button mushrooms, citrus fruits, broccoli, brussels sprouts,
spice up your food with turmeric and black pepper, drink a glass of red
wine per day and get a healthy dose of sunlight to increase your vitamin
Also, the amount of fat you have is directly connected with how much estrogen you produce since
fat cells contain the aromatase enzyme. Losing weight and lowering fat
percentage will help lower aromatase enzyme, while detox, estrogen
blockers and aromatase inhibitors will help with weight loss.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2014 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.