Sacred heart health diet: Lose weight and improve heart function
Sacred heart health diet or cabbage soup heart diet is 7 day eating plan which consists of special made soups and vegetables which you can eat in liberal amounts.
The diet is mainly used by overweight people with heart condition who want to lose weight quickly, before surgery.
Since sacred heart soup diet is based on low calorie soups and vegetables, it will not only help you lose weight but also clear the body from toxins and increase your energy level. The diet is also benificial for people suffering from diabetes or bowel issues.
Diet has been known by many names, such as Spokane Heart diet, Cleveland Clinic diet, Miami Heart Institute diet, Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital diet as well as
cabbage soup heart diet. It also seems that the diet mainly circulates from person to person and on the internet.
Like any other diet,
sacred heart soup diet also has it's downsides. You may lack some of the vitamins and minerals since the diet limits the number of foods that you can eat during the day.
Because of this, pregnant women should stay away from
sacred heart health diet and the ones who choose to implement this 7 day eating plan, should consult with their doctor.
THE 7 DAYS EATING PLAN
Day 1 Any fruit, except bananas. Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.
Day 2 All vegetables. Eat fresh, raw, cooked or canned veggies until you are full. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas or corn. Don't forget the soup. A baked potato and butter for dinner. Don't eat any fruits through the day.
Day 3 Eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. Don't eat baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days, you should be few pounds lighter.
Day 4 Bananas and skim milk. Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you want today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and the carbs.
Day 5 Beef and tomatoes. You may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Don't forget to eat the soup, at least once today since is vital part of cabbage soup heart diet.
Day 6 Beef and veggies. You can even have 2-3 steaks on this day but with green leafy veggies and no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.
Day 7 Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies. Eat until you are full and don't forget to eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you want during the 7th day of sacred heart health diet.
DRINKS ALLOWEDUnsweetened juicesTea (herbal)CoffeeCranberry juiceSkim milkLots of water
SACRED HEART DIET RECIPE FOR THE SOUP1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes3 plus large green onions1 large can of beef broth (no fat)1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)1 bunch of celery2 cans green beans2 lbs. Carrots2 Green PeppersHalf a head of cabbageRosemary, oregano, curry, chilli and black pepper to spice it up
Sacred heart health diet or cabbage soup heart diet will help you lose weight since it consists of fruits, vegetables and especially soups which are all low calorie foods. Also, the diet is pretty low in saturated fat, it doesn't contain any processed, simple carbs and it is virtually trans fat free.
That being said, the bad side of it, is that sacred heart soup diet limits what kind of foods you can eat. It limits protein containing foods and lacks healthy fats, while there is no complex carbs coming from whole grains, besides brown rice, on day seven.
The American Heart Association and the Sacred Heart Medical Center have stated that they disclaim any connection with the diet.
However, sacred heart health diet can benefit you in more ways than one, besides losing weight. There is no need to be on
cabbage soup heart diet for more than 7 days.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2014 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.