Improve oral hygiene: Do's and don'ts
There are several tips which can help improve oral hygiene. By doing so, they can even reduce the risk of heart and gum disease.
These tips can also be used as gum disease remedies. All you need to do
is make sure to kill all gingivitis causing bacterias and help your
immune system finish the job.
LIST OF ORAL HYGIENE TIPS
Brush your teeth regulary. You should at least brush them twice per day, when you wake up and before you go to bed. However, it would be even better if you brush them after every big meal.
Don't forget about the tongue and gums. Most of the bad bacterias that affect oral hygiene and heart disease are found on your gums and tongue. Although you can use the toothbrushes, there are special tongue scrapers which are used to remove the bacteria.
Limit the amount of foods and drinks high in sugar. Foods and drinks high in sugar support the growth and reproduction of bad bacterias which leads to tooth decay, gum disease and heart related problems.
Say no to cigars and watch out for your alcohol intake. Alcohol and especially smoking increase the risk of cancer, associated with the oral cavity. It is a very simple tip which can help improve oral hygiene and avoid bad breath.
Add some natural antibiotics. Natural antibiotics can be considered as one of natural gum disease remedies. Although they aren't potent as pharmaceutical drugs, they can help fight bad bacterias. They can attack them directly when applied on the gums or indirectly when they reach the site through the bloodstream.
Boost your immune system. Besides poor oral hygiene and too much sugar, many cases of gum disease can be caused by weak immune system function. In normal circumstances, white blood cells should destroy the disease causing bacteria but the system doesn't works as it should, sometimes.
Floss at least twice a week. Flossing helps remove the food that can get stuck between the teeth since brushing alone can't remove all of it. These chunks of food are used as a fuel by unwanted bacteria for their growth and reproduction which can lead to bad breath and inflamed gums.
Make sure that your hormones are balanced. Balancing your hormones is one of the best ways to improve oral hygiene. Adaptogens, forskolin, DIM, healthy foods, mental training and meditation can be very effective. They can reduce stress hormones, balance your endocrine as well as immune system.
Change your toothbrush every three months. If you are brushing your teeth regularly, due to wear and tear, toothbrush will wear off over time. Besides that, the longer you have it, the less hygienic its use becomes.
Chewing gums. Despite having eucalyptus and menthol among their list of ingredients, chewing gums can't be considered as gum disease remedies. However, by chewing them, more saliva is produced. Saliva contains components which help fight gingivitis causing bacterias.
Regular check ups. While all these tips to improve oral hygiene can help, you shouldn't use them as an excuse to avoid your dentist. Even if you don't have toothache or inflamed gums, take regular checkups once every four to six months.
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.