High blood pressure herbs
High blood pressure herbs can't be seen as a final solution. Weight loss, healthy diet and exercise are much more effective road to normal blood pressure. However, there are several herbs for high blood pressure which can help.
Before taking any of them, you should ask yourself what is the cause of high BP, in your case. Each of them has its mode of action because of which only one of them may be the right one for you.
LIST OF HERBS FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Adaptogens can be very effective, if high blood pressure is caused by hormonal imbalance. By balancing hormones of the endocrine system, such as adrenaline, cortisol as well as aldosterone and sex hormones, they help balance low and high blood pressure.
Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium is great kidney strengthening herb. This alone would help lower blood pressure but the herbs is also vasodilator. It relaxes blood vessels, increases nitric oxide production and improves blood flow.
Forskolin is one of rare high blood pressure herbs which works in three ways. It increases cyclic AMP (cAMP) that improves cellular function and communication between the enzymes and hormones responsible for controlling blood pressure. Also, it is a vasodilator. The third way it works, is by strenghtening the heartbeat and improving stroke volume. The better your heart's pumping ability, the lower your blood pressure.
Blood thinners are temporal solution. By making the blood thinner, they make it easier for the heart to pump the blood. However, you need to take them regularly, in order to keep this effect. Taking blood thinners, on a daily basis, for a extended period of time is not advised since they can increase the risk of bleeding. Example of herbal blood thinners are garlic, fish oil, ginkgo and purple willow which contains salicylic acid derivatives.
Cholesterol lowering herbs aren't as useful as other high blood pressure herbs. However, by decreasing high cholesterol, the risk of atherosclerosis falls down and with it the risk of high blood pressure.
Relaxing herbs such as Kava Kava, Valerian and Melissa work in similar fashion as beta blockers. However, instead of blocking stress receptors, they relax central nervous system. Due to their mode of action, these herbs for high blood pressure are only quick and short-term solution.
Bone marrow stimulating herbs such as Echinacea, Astragalus, Seaweed and Medicinal Mushrooms may encourage bone marrow to produce stem cells and EPO. This will increase hemoglobin and red blood cell count which will result in higher oxygen levels in the blood.
Herbs for improving cerebral function act on the most important organ for regulating blood pressure, the brain. Although they aren't mentioned as one of the high blood pressure herbs because of their ability to improve brain function, they can be very effective in several cases.
In order to pick the right one, determine the cause of high BP. Is it high cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, impaired heart or brain function, stress, kidney problems, thick blood or maybe low blood oxygen levels?
- Heart Healthy Diet: Simple Tips and Guidelines
- Learn everything you need to know about heart healthy diet and find the right one for you. Implement few simple tips for immediate benefits.
- Heart Healthy Foods: How to Get the Most from Them
- Heart healthy foods can improve cardiovascular system function. Foods good for the heart are bursting with vitamins, minerals and rejuvenating phytochemicals.
- Herbs for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- You have heard for hawthorn and garlic but there are few other herbs for the heart which can help in treating heart disease, naturally.
- The Best Heart Health Supplements
- Besides fish oil, there are several heart health supplements which can be useful. This includes Coenzyme Q10, Salicin, vitamin D3 and few others.
- Heart Healthy Spices
- Although there are many heart healthy spices out there, each of them can help prevent and treat heart disease in its own way, thanks to different types of flavonoids in these heart spices.
- Stress and Heart Disease: How are They Connected
- Stress and heart disease are closely related. In order to decrease the risk of heart problems, we have to learn how to handle the stress and treat its consequences, if we are unable to avoid it.
- Cardio Exercises for the Heart and Cardiovascular System
- Cardio exercises are vital part of natural heart disease treatment. However, which kind of heart exercise you should preform, varies from person to person.
- Good vs Bad Cholesterol: How to Improve Cholesterol Values
- Good vs bad cholesterol conflict is somewhat misunderstood. There is no good or bad cholesterol but only high or unbalanced cholesterol.
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats: Nutritional Facts and Guidelines
- What is the real truth when it comes to good fats vs bad fats? How much dietary fats should you consume daily and what are the best food sources of healthy fats?
- High Blood Pressure Remedies
- High blood pressure remedies range from tips and lifestyle modification to herbs and supplements. However, the method that works for someone else, may not work for you.
- Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors
- Normal heart rate varies from person to person. Although, age affects resting heart rate, there are many other factors that can raise or decrease heart rate.
- How to Lose Fat: Overlooked Tips for Weight Loss
- How to lose fat is surely one of the most intriguing questions for so many people. However, the answer is very simple. Eat healthy foods, perform fat burning exercises and take care of your hormones.
- Hormones and Heart Disease Connection
- Don't neglect hormones and heart disease connection. If you want to treat or prevent heart disease you have to balance your hormones.
- Heart Disease and Immune System Connection
- Heart disease and immune system connection is often overlooked, while trying to improve cardiovascular system function. However, there are several things you can do to change this.
- Dental Health Heart Disease Connection: Facts and Tips
- Dental health heart disease connection is one of three overlooked factors, along with hormones and immune system. However, with smart and effective approach we can change this.
- Causes of Heart Disease
- There are many causes of heart disease and factors that can increase or decrease your risk for developing heart related problems. Check how to turn the tide in your favour.
- Symptoms of Heart Disease
- There are few main symptoms of heart disease. Find out which are they, how to recognize them as well as my personal experience with some of them.
- Diagnosis of Heart Disease
- Accurate diagnosis of heart disease is the first step toward recovery. You can't start with treatment before you know what kind of disease you have, obviously.
- Treatment for Heart Disease: Medications and Surgeries
- Standard treatment for heart disease consists of surgeries, medications and devices. Which one is right for you, depends on your condition.
- Heart Disease Blog
- This is a blog about natural remedies, personal stories, helpful herbs and supplements, workout program as well as other tips and facts which may help people faced with heart disease.
- Contact Me
- Ask questions and leave comments about this site here.
- About the Author of Heart Health Guide
- About the author of Heart-health-guide.com website.
- Heart Health Guide Sitemap
- This is sitemap of Heart Health Guide.com. If you want to get better overview of informations on this website, you can get it here.
Copyright © 2016 - Heart Health Guide - All Rights Reserved.